The mission of the Training Division is to ensure the department is able to pursue its objectives using the most modern and effective police techniques; this entails researching the effectiveness of alternative approaches to the many facets of policing and instructing departmental personnel.
The Training Division is responsible for:
- Recruitment of police personnel through its Recruitment Unit.
- Initial training of police personnel.
- In-service training
- Maintaining all training records for police employees
- Maintaining state certification for all sworn personnel
- High liability training for all sworn personnel
- Professional development of all police employees
The Training Division can be reached at 727-893-7661.