Location:1301 1 Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Hours of operation:
Lobby Hours: 7 days a week 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Records Counter: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (excluding holidays)
- Responds to public records requests in accordance with Florida State Statute 119
Most requests involve obtaining copies of accident and offense reports. Accident reports can only be released in accordance with Florida Statute 316.066. Most accident reports are not available for 10-14 days after they are turned in due to the many quality control and data entry requirements involved in their processing.
- Operates the Department's Court Liaison Unit
Interfaces with the County's Criminal Judicial System. They annually schedule over 5,000 State Attorney's investigations held at the department.
- Operates one of the two FCIC/NCIC terminals in the department.
Conducts official criminal history inquiries for law enforcement purposes, enters/deletes stolen items in FCIC/NCIC system and conducts vehicle inquiries for towing companies within the city.
- Operates over-the-counter services
- Completes fingerprint cards for licensing and other purposes (with the card provided by the customer)
- Provides local (Pinellas County) criminal history background letters
- Processes all of the annually renewable Solicitor and Fortune Teller permits
- Processes over-the-counter copies of reports