Investigative Services Bureau Overview
The Investigative Services Bureau is under the command of Assistant Chief Antonio Gilliam.
The bureau performs follow-up investigation of selected criminal acts and works to identify and develop solutions to police-related community problems. Division units also conduct proactive investigations to suppress criminal activity. The bureau is comprised of police detectives, civilian investigators, analysts and support staff.
- The Crimes Against Property Division, under the command of a Police Major. The Division is made up of the Property Crime Unit and the Economic Crimes Unit.
- The Crimes Against Persons Division under the command of a Police Major, investigates crimes which result in injury, or threat of injury, directly to one or more persons. The Division is is made up of the Cold Case Unit, Major Crimes Unit, Special Victims Unit (SVU), and the Victim Assistance Unit.
- The Investigative Support Section, under the command of a Police Major, is made up of the Violent Crimes Task Force, Investigative Support Unit, and the Forensic Services Unit.
- The Vice and Narcotics Division, under the command of a Police Major, is responsible for the investigation of crimes relating to narcotics, prostitution, obscenity, and gambling. They are committed to having a positive impact against illegal drug traffickers. Efforts include participation in State and Federal drug task forces and problem-solving policing techniques. The Division regularly conducts search warrants and seizures of drugs, guns, money, vehicles and other property.
- Intelligence, under the command of a sergeant, they provide tactical and strategic intelligence related to criminal activity. The Unit also conducts special investigations, threat assessments and provides dignitary protection.