The Forensic Services Unit is tasked with the collection and processing of physical forensic evidence from all types of crime scenes throughout the City. Responsibilities include:
- Detection, collection and processing of forensic evidence at crime scenes
- Detection, processing and limited analysis of forensic evidence at the Forensic Services laboratory
- Photograph and video documentation of crime scenes
- Training and informational resource for forensic related matters
- 24 hour, 7 day a week coverage
The Forensic Services can be reached at 727-893-4260.