- 19 years of age at time of application.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (born or naturalized).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be of good moral character in accordance with Florida Statute 943.13 (7).
- No felony convictions.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, moral character offenses or domestic violence offenses.
- Meet the department drug standards:
- No illegal use of controlled substances in the past 3 years.
- No marijuana use in the past 12 months.
- No inhaling/ingesting harmful chemical substances in the past 12 months.
- Number of uses must be deemed experimental and acceptable by the department.
- Never sold, offered for sale, induced or caused another to induce another person to use illegal drugs.
- Have not received a dishonorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces.
- High School Diploma.
- Thirty college credits from an accredited institution
3 years of military experience with the U.S. Armed Forces.
2 years of sworn law enforcement experience.
- Tattoos on the hands, face, neck, and scalp are prohibited.
- 20/100 uncorrected vision, in each eye, corrected to 20/40 by glasses. Visual acuity may exceed uncorrected limits if visual acuity of 20/20 can be achieved through the use of soft contact lenses.
- Successfully complete all phases of the hiring process. The process is comprehensive and all information obtained will be verified.