The St Petersburg Police Department is seeking highly motivated individuals that serve or have previously served our country. Members of the U.S. armed forces hold values, strengths, and skills that are necessary for a career in law enforcement. What are these values, strengths, and skills?
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and problem solve.
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly and under stress.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to work towards a single mission as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail
- Experience with a variety of diversities and social challenges.
- High Moral Character
- High level of discipline
- Physical Stamina
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Take pride in their sacrifice and service to others.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, Veterans and current Reservists/National Guardsmen may be eligible for the following benefits:
- GI Bill housing entitlements while attending the law enforcement academy/Equivalency of Training and for their first year of probation which is considered on the job training (OJT).
Estimate Benefits: https://www.va.gov/education/gi-bill-comparison-tool/
- Current National Guard and Reservist will receive salary for the first thirty (30) days of military leave when called to active duty.
- Current National Guard and Reservist will receive salary for annual training up to 240 hours per fiscal year.
- Veterans’ Promotional Preference.
- Veterans’ preference during the hiring process.
- Hometown Heroes housing program:
Your service to our nation demonstrates the character that we seek in our officers. If you are looking for a job with a purpose and the ability to continue to serve your country then apply now!