- 19 years of age at time of application.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (born or naturalized).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be of good moral character in accordance with Florida Statute 943.13 (7).
- No felony convictions.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, moral character offenses or domestic violence offenses.
- Meet the department drug standards:
- No illegal use of controlled substances in the past 3 years
- No marijuana use in the past 12 months
- No inhaling/ingesting harmful chemical substances in the past 12 months
- Number of uses must be deemed experimental and acceptable by the department.
- Never sold, offered for sale, induced or caused another to induce another person to use illegal drugs
- Have not received a dishonorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces
- H.S. diploma AND 30 College Credits from an accredited institution (Cadet Position) OR H.S. diploma AND 60 College Credits from an accredited institution (Certified Position).
3 years of military experience with the U.S. Armed Forces.
2 years of sworn law enforcement experience.
- Tattoos on the hands, face, neck, and scalp are prohibited.
- 20/100 uncorrected, in each eye, corrected to 20/40 by glasses. Visual acuity may exceed uncorrected limits if visual acuity of 20/20 can be achieved through the use of soft contact lenses.
- Successfully complete all phases of the hiring process. The process is comprehensive, and all information obtained will be verified.
Please contact our Recruitment Department with any questions regarding the hiring process. (727)892-5555 Police.email@example.com