Crimes Against Persons Division investigates crimes which result in injury, or threat of injury, directly to one or more persons.
The Division is further subdivided into:
- Cold Case Unit (CCU) – Investigates major crimes that have been unsolved for an extended period of time and which remain open.
- Digital Forensics Unit – A branch of forensic science which encompasses the recovery and investigation of materials found in digital devices.
- Major Crimes Unit – Homicide, Aggravated Battery, Aggravated Assault, Suicides, Shooting into Dwellings, Officer involved shootings, Arson, False Imprisonment, Kidnapping, Bomb Threats, Throwing Deadly Missles, Bank robbery, Carjacking, Commercial robbery, Individual robbery, and Home Invasions
- Special Victims Unit (SVU) – Investigates cases related to domestic violence, sex crimes, missing persons cases, and all crimes against children.
- Victim Assistance Unit– Provides victim advocacy for the department.
The Crimes Against Persons Division can be reached at 727-892-5844.