If this is an Emergency, dial 9-1-1
For non-emergency calls, contact our non-emergency number, 727-893-7780.
Welcome to the St. Petersburg Police Department's Online Police Reporting System. Using this online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately. Please confirm the following to determine if this report filing system is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- This incident occurred within the limits of the City of St. Petersburg, Florida. Incident addresses in unincorporated St. Petersburg (e.g., Lealman, Kenneth City, etc.) and St. Pete Beach will not be accepted.
If you are not sure the incident occurred in the city, click here to consult a city map.
- If your VEHICLE WAS STOLEN you CANNOT use this system. You will need to contact the St. Petersburg Police Communications Center at 727-893-7780 and have an officer respond to take a report.
- If there are FIREARMS OR OTHER WEAPONS INVOLVED you CANNOT use this system. You will need to contact the St. Petersburg Police Communications Center at 727-893-7780 and have an officer respond to take a report.
- If property was stolen from an enclosed garage, this type of offense is considered a residential burglary and is not eligible for online reporting. You will need to contact the St. Petersburg Police Communications Center at 727-893-7780 and have an officer respond to take a report.
The crime must fall in to one of the following categories:
- Vandalism (estimated damage amount of $1,000 or less)
- Lost property
- Harassment via phone calls, texts, or social media
- Identity theft
- Vehicle burglary
Upon completion of this process you will:
- See the words “Your report has been submitted” confirming that your online report is complete.
- Be issued a temporary case number.
- All reports filed online will be reviewed by law enforcement personnel.
- In the event a wallet and/or purse was stolen, please be prepared to list driver’s license ID #s, credit card #s and issuing bank information.
- In the event a vehicle was burglarized, vehicle owner and vehicle information (e.g., license plate #, VIN #, make, model, etc.) must be provided.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your report is needed, you may be contacted by email.
- Upon approval by a St. Petersburg Police representative, you will be notified by e-mail of the permanent case number.
- If the case is rejected by a St. Petersburg Police representative, you will be notified by e-mail of the reason for the rejection.(e.g.: incomplete or missing information, etc.)
- Once your report is finalized, it will be forwarded to detectives for follow up and/or processing.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Important - Incidents involving persistent robo calls are not considered harassing phone calls and are not eligible for online reporting.
*** Please do not use this on-line system to report crimes other than those listed below, or to request information on previous crimes (reported to an officer).