Location: 1301 1 Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Hours of operation:
Information Desk: 7 days a week 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Records Counter: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (excluding holidays)
Property and Evidence: Monday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Tuesday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Bike Compound: Monday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Tuesday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM for obtaining a bicycle license
- Responds to public records requests in accordance with Florida State Statute 119.07
- Operates the Department’s Court Liaison Unit
- Operates one of the two FCIC/NCIC terminals in the department.
- Property and Evidence
- Bike Compound
- Operates over-the-counter services
- Completes fingerprint cards for licensing and other purposes (with the card provided by the customer)
- Provides local (Pinellas County) criminal history background letters
- Processes all of the annually renewable Solicitor and Fortune Teller permits
- Processes over-the-counter copies of reports
Most requests involve obtaining copies of accident and offense reports. Accident reports can generally not be provided to anyone other than the persons involved, their insurance companies or their attorneys until 60 days after the accident. Most accident reports are not available for 10-14 days after they are turned in due to the many quality control and data entry requirements involved in their processing.
Interfaces with the County’s Criminal Judicial System. They annually schedule over 5,000 State Attorney’s investigations held at the department.
Conducts official criminal history inquiries for law enforcement purposes, enters/deletes stolen items in FCIC/NCIC system and conducts vehicle inquiries for towing companies within the city.
Processes and stores over 22,000 new items and disposes of over 17,000 items each year. Surplus items are auctioned by Property Room at www.propertyroom.com