All Administrative and Resource Center applicants must meet strict qualification prior to participation in the Administrative Volunteer program.
To become a volunteer with the St. Petersburg Police Department, an applicant must meet the primary selection standards listed below.
- Pre-application interview
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be subject to a criminal background check, polygraph examination, and fingerprinting.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and understand that I must possess a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of my appointment (if my volunteer assignment requires you to drive a city vehicle).
- Have not been convicted of a felony crime.
- Have not been convicted of any misdemeanor, involving the commission of an act contrary to the moral conscience of the general public.
- Have not been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, notwithstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Have not received a dishonorable discharge from the Armed Services - if having served.
- Have not used, tried or experimented with any drugs classified as controlled substances, or any other illegal drugs while not under the care of a physician.
- Have not used, tried or experimented with Marijuana within the last year and have not used, tried, or experimented with marijuana more that 10 times in your life.
- Have not sold, offered for sale, induced or attempted to induce another person in the use of illegal drugs.
- Have not inhaled, ingested, used, tried or experimented with any harmful chemical substances within the last twelve (12) months for the purpose of inducing intoxication of which distorts or disturbs the auditory, visual or mental processes. With the exception of those prescribed by and use under the care of a physician.
- Have not committed any serious undetected crimes for which you would have been arrested.
- Complete a personal history questionnaire and have it reviewed by the program coordinator or his/her designee.
Administrative Volunteer requirements may be modified to provide a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disability Act Accessibility Guidelines, so long as it is determined the volunteer can perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
The Volunteer Service Coordinator can be reached at 727-892-5039